Date and Time
Denver Startup Week Headline Event
Calling all Colorado-based women’s organizations and female-focused causes: Stronger Toget(her) is now open for submissions! On September 17 for Denver Startup Week, in collaboration with prettysmart+badass and TARRA, we will be hosting a new headline event that brings together women’s organizations from across the state. We’ll celebrate: Bold ideas, keen ambitions, the diverse landscape of women owned and led, gender-inclusive businesses throughout Colorado, and the many organizations that support them. Please join us for this unifying, landmark event! Interested in applying? Here are the deets:
- Stronger Toget(her) is an immersive experience – not a trade show or sales pitch
- We’ll be curating activation concepts that allow attendees to step inside your organization and get a brief taste of how it functions, why it’s important, and what you’re contributing to the community at large
- Applications are open now through August 10 with limited spaces available
- Women’s organizations are encouraged to collaborate with women-owned, women-led, gender-inclusive businesses when designing their activation
- We’ll share more information about the event details when the Denver Startup Week schedule launches next week (see below for examples)
To save your spot at the event as an attendee, register here.View Map
Have you had a great idea, tried to explain it, and people just don’t “get it”?
Where great minds, great ideas and great plans come together – visually – on a page
When: April 15-17, 2019 – 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
$900 for the three days, includes all materials, workbook, books, instruction, beverages and lunch.
Snapshot of the three-days:
Remember and re-kindle what it is to draw – everyone has drawn at some point in life. Together, we remember what that is like and give it some form, figure, icons and printing/lettering with organizational and business context.
Connecting the drawing on day one with processes, templates and tricks to create visual strategies that have meaning and provide direction.
BONUS DAY! — Day Three Special Treat
Master Class on Facilitation – Like strategic illustration, facilitation is both an art and science. Learn from and explore with these two skilled facilitators and strategic illustrators the mindset required as well as tips and tricks they use to guide a group, manage difficult stakeholders, achieve great outcomes, maintain strong commitment and buy-in, AND make it look easy! (please inquire (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you want to only attend this last day)
Christine (American) and Ulric (Swedish) are global business and visual strategists who met at the recommendation of a mutual friend in 2006. On the steps of Piccadilly Circus in London, they discovered a shared passion for working with people in groups to help them achieve their dreams and goals. They believe that great and engaging facilitation with a backdrop of images/pictures and illustrations inspires action, accelerates results and allows people to literally SEE what it is THEY want to do.
Christine Chopyak (19+ years, lives in Denver, Colorado) as a consultant and thinking partner. Christine is also an author, speaker and entrepreneur – CEO of Arlosoul: Visualize Innovation and author of Picture Your Business Strategy.
Ulric Rudebeck (40+ years, lives in Stockholm, Sweden) as a consultant, innovator, facilitator, coach and artist. Ulric is the author of many books, including Strategic Visioning Work and Kahuna Principles. Ulric is also an accomplished visual artist.
Art of Hosting: Great Facilitation is a human-centered approach to leadership and facilitation. Over three days (October 23-25, 2019), participants use, explore and share models, approaches and creative strategies to working with each other.
The Art of Hosting is an experience that offers skills and tools and a space to work together; to reconnect with the wisdom of our community and within ourselves; and to cultivate a broader community of allied professionals in practice together. It is a place where we embrace and explore the uncertainty that is inherent in the change we want to make, to take this on with realness and skilled orientation.
A worldwide practice – The Art of Hosting is born out of the field of large group facilitation, where self-organization and “a leader in every seat” are core principles. The Art of Hosting explores:
- Facilitation practices for the 21st Century
- Creating connection through shared individual and collective experiences
- Learning by doing – bringing real questions and challenges to the group, we select from a variety of tools and methodologies to seek solutions, understanding and meaning. All the while, each participant develops and hones their own leadership and facilitation practice through the work together.
Is this for you? Let’s check…
- Do you want to amplify your facilitation skills and meeting magic?
- Do you desire to network with and learn from others across the state who are looking to develop the next level of satisfaction, excellence and accomplishment with the people they work with?
- Are you a leader that is looking for real, authentic and transparent ways to working with your team that draws on your experience and their enthusiasm?
- Do you like to accomplish many different types of actions in 1 or 2 conversation?
- Are you tired of the “same old meetings” and want to have more fun and get more done?
More information at http://aohcolorado.com.
We are excited to announce the 1st of our 2018 INNOVATION NIGHT series. The first networking event is on Monday, May 14th at 5:30pm at WeWork Lohi (address below) where we will share big ideas, network with inspiring professionals and experience innovation through the stories and pictures.
Who should come? Any creative thinker, strategist, or business professional with a desire to experience the power of combining visual strategy and facilitation to inspire growth within teams & organizations through collaboration and creativity.
What will it be like? A networking event showcasing a high-impact visual featuring business from WeWork combined with conversation and discussion about innovation, the state of business and what ever is inspiring you at the moment.
Anything else? If you have never visited a co-working space, please come to just see what this co-working and the WeWork experience is all about – casual. We will be featuring wine from one of our clients, local beer and bites…
Date and Time
2420 17th Street
Denver, CO 80202